New Science of Compassion in Organizations
Monica Worline, PhD
Monica Worline, PhD will be joining us to share the New Science of Compassion in Organizations. Monica will showcase some of her key research studies in this arena as well as provide us with practical wisdom in how to tap into compassion at work, how to articulate these ideas in the workplace and discuss her new work in timing compassion to organizational capabilities. Sign up and more details will be out shortly but please mark your calendar now!
Monica is an organizational psychologist, scholar, speaker, and writer dedicated to enlivening the world of work. She awakens leaders, managers, and change agents to the organizational psychology of innovation, engaging them to cultivate work environments that bring people’s best work to life.
Twenty years of research, writing, teaching, and leadership development in some of the world’s most respected universities and businesses informs Monica’s unique and cutting-edge perspective. She is:
- An award-winning teacher who has served on the faculties of the Goizueta Business School at Emory University; the Paul Merage School of Business at the University of California, Irvine; and the UC Irvine School of Social Ecology.
- The visionary behind The New Thought Leadership, a half-day learning experience that teaches corporate leaders, managers, and employees at all levels how to spark engagement, create momentum, and inspire innovation in their organizations.
- A researcher and writer whose work has been published in the Harvard Business Review, the Huffington Post, the Chicago Tribune, and BizEd Magazine, and in peer-reviewed journals such as Administrative Science Quarterly, Organization Science, and Human Relations.
- An Affiliate Faculty Member of the Center for Positive Organizations housed at the Ross School of Business, University of Michigan.
- A founding member of CompassionLab, a research collaborative housed at the University of Michigan, and a Fellow of the International Center for Compassionate Organizations.
- A collaborator and research affiliate of Stanford University’s Center for Compassion and Altruism Research and Education (CCARE).
- The co-founder and President of Vervago, Inc., a firm that teaches employees, teams, and leaders how to increase their engagement and impact through curiosity and better questions.
Monica holds a Ph.D. in organizational psychology from the University of Michigan and a B.A. with distinction and honors from Stanford University.
Registration is free for Supporting and Lifetime members of the MAPP Alumni Association.
Registration for Basic members costs $20. Want to get this webinar for free? You can pay the $40 dues now to become a supporting member. You'll get free registration for this webinar and for other continuing education webinars coming up in the next 12 months.
Registration for the general public costs $25.